As a Production Technician, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 4 weeks paid Choice Time
- 40 hours Paid Family Leave
- 401K Savings Plan options, Company Match eligibility
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Health Saving Account
- Clothing Allowance annually
- Additional employee benefits available
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and one year of lab, scheduling, administrative, manufacturing or agriculture related experience
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks and shifts as needed
- Willingness to work as a team and be proactive in communicating concerns, best practices and mastering changes that will improve overall team performance
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Time management skills including proactive work ethic and utilizing a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently, multitask and maintain an organized workplace
- Computer aptitude including use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
- Knowledge of field equipment desired
- SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning software to manage data processing