Shift: 3rd (5pm - 5am) Rotating Swing Shift)
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $30.00 depending on skills and experience
The Extrusion Operator is a high skill role that will set up and operate extrusion lines and related equipment, including nylon extruders, pay-offs and take-ups.
Why Will You Love It?
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for overtime
- Enjoy some of the best benefits around: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K Matching, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more.
- Receive the training you need to succeed with opportunities to advance your career through ongoing skills development.
- Work in a clean, well-lit, innovative, high-tech environment with robotics, AI and more.
- Feel protected with leading health and safety protocols.
What Will You Do?
- Work under supervision and maintain ongoing communication with the supervisor and peers through verbal instruction and reports.
- Set setup of extrusion line and related equipment with correct tip and die and correct wire size.
- Maintain correct wire size, insulation thickness and concentricity.
- Application of correct print of acceptable quality on cable.
- Observe Southwire safety rules, maintain good housekeeping and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Use proper compound and correct amounts of color concentrate.
- Keep wire and compound loss at a minimum during start-up and changeovers.
- Correct inventory of WIP tags daily.
- Place scrap into the designated scrap bins.
What Do You Need?
- Dedication, motivation and curiosity to learn
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to stand and lift heavy loads for long periods of time
- Must be able to read and comprehend production orders and the instrumentation on complex equipment.
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, etc..)
- Judgments concerning operation of extrusion line and related equipment are encountered.
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to heat and/or cold conditions, varying levels of noise, and potential exposure to industrial liquids like oils and gases
- Flexibility to work a rotating schedule, sometimes including weekends, holidays and covering shifts for overtime
- Experience in a manufacturing environment. At least 3 - 5 years is preferred.