Chamfer/End Grind Operator – 1st Shift
- Lubricate and start each machine without assistance.
- Observe feed and discharge tubes, repositioning any that are out of order.
- Install & remove tooling when necessary.
- Observe cutting wheels in operation to ensure proper functioning and replace them as necessary.
- Examine samples from machines for burrs, scratches, or other defects and determine that dimensions are within prescribed tolerances using a variety of gauges and measuring tools.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.